Agricultural and farm machinery should be pressure washed over an unpaved area (ex. grass or gravel). Washing over unpaved surfaces allows soap filled water to soak into the ground to be filtered and eventually recharge the groundwater. You should wash your equipment no closer then 100 feet from the wellhead of a well. if you have one. Another reason you don’t want to wash on a paved surfaces is because that water could eventually be discharged into a lake or stream through storm drains, leaving you open to environmental litigation.
General guidelines for using a power washer in your farm equipment…
- Wash your equipment after each use
- Attach the water hose to your power washer. Check the fuel and oil levels. Start the pressure washer.
- Spray your equipment with water AND detergent. Use low pressure since this way the water and the detergent will not splash away.
- Spray from a distance of 2-3 feet from the surface. To avoid streaking, start from the lowest point on the machinery and work your way up towards the highest point.
- Apply enough detergent to dissolve the dirt at the surface
- Allow 5-10 minutes for the detergent to start dissolving the debris you are cleaning
- Use high water pressure to remove the dirt from the surface.
- Use plenty of water to flush away the dirt. This time start from the top and work your way towards the bottom to avoid having the dirt run over the clean areas. Use a wide spray angle (25 or 40 degrees).
Suggested Power Washers for Cleaning Farm Equipment…
Landa PHW Series
For nearly three decades, the PHW has been the flagship of the Landa hot water pressure washer line. The PHW is heated by diesel or fuel oil using a high-efficiency burner. Other quality features include heating coil made of Schedule 80 steel pipe; top-of-the-line, low-RPM, belt-drive, tri-plunger Landa pump with U-seals and 7-year warranty; detergent metering valve for convenience in adjusting the flow of the soap; and an extra rugged fuel-water separator for burner protection. The cool bypass feature keeps water temperature low while in bypass. The balanced distribution of weight, 13″ tires and easy-grip handles make maneuvering the PHW a breeze. Snap-N-Go plugs allow the addition of time delay, auto start/stop or LanCom wireless remote options.
- Up to 4.8 GPM, 3,000 PSI
- Landa pump with 7-Year Warranty
- Patent-pending “Cool Bypass” technology
- Optional Time Delay or Auto Start/Stop
- Optional LanCom Wireless Remote Control
Landa PGHW Series
For more than a decade, the PGHW has been Landa’s most popular gasoline-powered, hot water pressure washer. The PGHW combines the versatility of a compact size yet the ruggedness and cleaning power of a full-skid pressure washer. Five PGHW models deliver cleaning power of up to 5000 PSI with a flow rate of up to 5 GPM. The PGHW is packed with power by reliable Honda, Vanguard or Kawasaki electric-start engines, the PGHW models feature top-of-the-line, oil-bath, tri-plunger, belt-drive and a Land pumps with a 7-year warranty. The heating coil is made of 1/2-inch Schedule 80 cold-rolled pipe (Schedule 160 on 5000 PSI model) with a stainless steel outer top wrap. The sturdy steel frame gets all-weather protection from an epoxy powder coat finish. A 2,000 watt generator provides power for the burner as well as a 120V outlet for low-wattage applications.
- Up to 5 GPM, 5,000 PSI
- Honda, Vanguard or Kawasaki Engines
- Landa Belt-Drive Pump with 7-Year Warranty
- 2,000 Watt Generator
- Also available with Diesel Engine
Contact us (513-874-4484) for more information!
About Pressure Spray, Inc.
Pressure Spray Inc. (PSI) has been serving the farming industry in Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky and Southeastern Indiana for over 30 years. Within the farming industry, we are widely recognized for our high-quality products and reliable, efficient, and consistent customer service. Our seasoned staff know the farming industry inside and out and are trained to match your cleaning needs with the most ideal cleaning equipment available on the market.
Pressure Spray Inc.’s Other Products/Services for Farmers