Waste oil heaters provide impressive energy cost-saving and environmental benefits, but with any product that is relatively new to the market there is a bunch of misinformation flying around about them. It would be very unfortunate if these myths prevented companies from receiving very high returns on their investments in waste oil heating technology.
Most common myths that you might have heard about waste oil heaters…
- Myth #1: Waste oil burners are dirty, smelly and hard to clean. Not true! Waste oil furnaces burn very cleanly. In fact, waste oil heaters produce no more dirt, ash or odor than a standard furnace. Waste oil furnaces with vertical flue tubes and easy-opening clean-out doors are very easy to clean .
- Myth #2: Waste oil heaters are very expensive. Waste oil heaters are an investment up front, but the the savings your recive from lower energy costs will outweigh this investment over time. Ask yourself if your current furnace is generating a guaranteed return on investment? There are also financing plans that can make waste oil furnaces an even more cost-effective purchase. Entry-level models start around $3,500.
- Myth #3 : I don’t generate my own waste oil, so I won’t benefit from a waste oil heater. You don’t have to produce waste oil to use a waste oil heater. You can buy waste oil in a number of ways.
- Myth #4: Waste oil furnaces only burn used motor oil, so my options for fuel are too limited. Used motor oil works very well in a waste oil heaters but they can also burn new #2 heating oil, hydraulic fluid, most synthetic oils or any mixture of approved liquids.
- Myth #5: Waste oil heaters require a lot of maintenance and are difficult to fix. Again, not true! Most waste oil heaters have very few parts and are designed that way so they can be easy to clean and service.
- Myth #6: Waste oil heaters will take up too much floor space. Many waste oil heaters can be mounted.
Are you interested in what kind of savings you could expect from using a waste oil heater in your business? Let us create a waste oil heating solution for you.
Contact us (513.874.4484) for more information!
About Pressure Spray, Inc.
Pressure Spray Inc. (PSI) has been serving the farming industry in Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky and Southeastern Indiana for over 30 years. Within the farming industry, we are widely recognized for our high-quality products and reliable, efficient, and consistent customer service. Our seasoned staff know the farming industry inside and out and are trained to match your cleaning needs with the most ideal cleaning equipment available on the market.
Pressure Spray Inc.’s Other Products/Services