Sanding is exhausting, messy, and dusty so hello PRESSURE WASHING! Pressure washing your deck is the cleanest, easiest, and most efficient way to restore your deck by stripping off old stain, paint, and ground-in dirt, mold, and/or mildew. You are going to need about 2400+ PSI of pressure generated from your pressure washer to make the job easy.
Stripping and Cleaning
- Use a standard spray tip and spray loose dirt and leaves off of the deck.
- Change to a chemical tip and spray down your deck liberally with deck and fence cleaning solution. Make sure to leave a completed coat and let it settle on the wood for a few minutes.
- For heavy cleaning, switch to a more narrow spray. Move your wand in a stroking motion to loosen the paint, dirt, and grime. Be careful though because a zero-degree spray can shave lines into the deck wood.
- Rinse your deck with spray of water
- Let everything air-dry for 48 hours.
Staining Your Deck
- Make sure to wear protective clothing over your arms and legs because this may take a while and you want to project your self from the spay and the elements.
- Make sure to wear protective goggle
- Wear a mask if you are using solvent-based stain to protect yourself against the inhalation of toxic fumes.
- Use stain that doubles as a sealer to have your deck looking nice for a good long time. It looks good and projects the wood at the same time. Test your stain in a small area to make sure it looks the way you want before painting the rest.
- Fully saturate the wood with the stain. Any exposed ends need to be coated multiple times until all of the pores are saturated.
Pressure Spray, Inc. (PSI) has the chemicals, solvents, and power washers you need to pressure wash your deck and other outdoor areas.
Contact us (513.874.4484) for more information!
Pressure Spray Inc. (PSI) has been serving Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky, and Southeastern Indiana as a distributor of pressure washers, parts cleaners, and chemical cleaners for over 30 years and service more than 3,500 customers.
>> Request a Free Consultation
Some of Our Other Featured Products…